Northwestern Stables (NWS) brings together horse-lovers of all ages to expand their horsemanship and riding skills, educates and engages the community through equine-focused programming, and maintains and improves the historic Northwestern Equestrian Facility.
Central to all our programs are our fourteen seasoned lesson horses. We love our horses because of their big hearts, but they also have big needs – for food, water, space, and care. Each year it takes tons of hay and straw, thousands of gallons of water, and an army of brooms, rakes, and wheelbarrows to keep our lesson horses clean, safe, and healthy. It is a Herculean task which requires a 24/7 on-call staff and professionals, and scores of volunteers.
I am thankful for our dedicated staff and volunteers who make our programs possible. And to you, our supporters, who continue to help make our big dreams come true.
All gifts are tax-deductible and support NWS programs and our mission.
- $55 delivers a bale of straw, providing two days of bedding for all the lesson horses.
- $110 covers an annual vet check and vaccines for one lesson horse.
- $325 sponsors a deserving child for one week of summer camp.
- $560 buys an entire delivery of grain, feeding all the lesson horses for a month.
- $730 pays for one farrier visit to trim and shoe all the lesson horses.
- Other $ We appreciate any gift, large or small.
Kristen Bowman Kavanagh
President, Board of Directors Donations may be made through Paypal below or by mailing a check to: Northwestern Stables, Inc., 120 Northwestern Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118